New to remote teaching and want to learn more?
Beginning remote community teachers often ask how they can best prepare for their new teaching positions in outback Australia. We have compiled a list of readings and resources that might help you feel more culturally aware and mentally prepared for your new adventure.
Here is a small list of suggested reading for teachers about to commence on their remote teaching journeys… some of which may be available in your university library, local library, or school library.
- Dark Emu- Bruce Pascoe
- Why Warriors Lie Down and Die- Richard Trudgen
- Making the Jump- Catholic Education
- 8 Ways- NSW Department of Education
- What Works- Improving outcomes for Indigenous students
- Kartiya are like Toyotas article
To not overwhelm new teachers in remote contexts we have kept this list small with some of our favourites. Want more or not what you were looking for? We also have a full reading list inside our Membership.
Do you have some suggestions for new teachers to read to prepare for their time remote?